Over the 72 years that the White family owned The H. White Company, there were a number of newspaper articles that were written.Ever found a link king dating to a page where you will find the web site that enables. The King Voll-True II of 1932 was the first saxophone to have both bell keys on the right side, a format eventually adopted by all manufacturers. White in 1945, making it one of the few companies in America headed by two women. King saxophones had brazed-on tonehole chimneys, which have significant advantages over both the soldered-on and drawn types used by other manufacturers. The King Saxello was a soprano saxophone with a downward curve near the mouthpiece and a bell curved 90 degrees from the body, for optimal playing position and acoustical qualities. Currently there are 64 identified craftsmen, 59 with pictures, and another twenty with pictures but no names. The internet has become a place full of stolen and borrowed images with little or no regard from who and where and under what circumstances the original image or images where used. White Promotional Ad Archives Important People of The H. White Company All pictures and written material are property of may not be reproduced without written consent. The articles have provided a wealth of information and helped develop the history of The H. You will not find "borrowed" or "stolen" images on this website. King Musical Instruments was a musical instrument manufacturing company located in Cleveland, Ohio. White Company in 1893 by Henderson White, an engraver and instrument repairman. The onset of the First World War interrupted the trade of the Czech instruments, so White sought a domestic supplier in the Cleveland Musical Instrument Company in 1916. White acquired the Cleveland Musical Instrument Company. In 1968 Seeburg moved production to Eastlake and instituted a new round of cost-cutting that effectively ended the era of the Super 20 as a professional quality saxophone.
I’ve identified four material combinations so far (Models A-D), each with either a brass bell or sterling silver bell. Trumpets from Reynolds’ first decade of operations feature an ornate engraving pattern across the width of the bell flare. Reynolds B♭ Trumpet | Bell: brass bell | Body: brass with nickel-silver upper valve casings (balusters) | Valves: top-loaded, inner-spring, solid nickel-silver valve pistons | Finish: clear lacquer | Other: B♭/A tuning ring F. Reynolds B♭ Trumpet | Body: brass bell, tubing and valve block; nickel-silver leadpipe and upper valve casings (balusters) | Valves: top-loaded, inner-spring, solid nickel-silver valve pistons | Finish: clear lacquer | Other: B♭/A tuning ring After Scherl & Roth took over operations in 1946, it appears that the engraving pattern changed to a vertical block lettering style. Reynolds, a talented brass instrument maker at the J. Kohlert Company, then located in the Czech province of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Some saxophones from Amati of Czechoslovakia, and Kohlert, then located in West Germany, were imported to be sold as the "King Lemaire." In 1965 the company was sold to Seeburg Corporation of Eastlake, Ohio and the name was changed to King Musical Instruments, reflecting the long absence of models produced under the "Cleveland" and "American Standard" brands. He worked with White to further develop instruments. After the Evette & Schaeffer import rights were lost to Carl Fischer of New York in 1910, White started importing saxophones from the V. Reynolds would later design the extremely successful "Ambassador" line of brasswind instruments for F. With improved left hand cluster mechanisms introduced around 1949, the Super 20 represented the zenith of H. However, new competition from Selmer (Paris), aided by the exchange rate between the French Franc and the US Dollar in the postwar era, put price pressure on the American manufacturers and H. Starting in the early 1960s, King imported saxophones from Strasser-Marigeaux-Lemaire (SML) of France, to be sold as the "King Marigeaux," as the profitability and market niche of their domestically-produced saxophones became increasingly problematic.A driver who had parked inconsiderately returned to their car to find a note calling them a 'spunk trumpet'. It is illegal to park next to a drop kerb or within 10 meters of a junction.'It's in the highway code, visit if you need anymore guidance. ' Another similarly angry note - believed to be left by the same person - was shared online last week, which called a parker a 'thunder w*****'. The note, which was left taped to the car's windscreen, also called them a 'selfish throbber.' The printed A4 note was spotted near the Screwfix head office in Yeovil.